It can be tricky to boil an egg and achieve that perfect runny yolk.
Here’s how to do it.
- Use eggs at room temperature – NOT straight out of the fridge.
- Fill a pan with water – enough to cover the egg(s) by 1cm.
- Bring the water to a bubbling boil.
- Use a spoon to gently lower the eggs into the water.
- Boil your eggs for EXACTLY 1 minute.
- Turn the heat off and cover the pan with a lid or plate.
- Leave the eggs in the water for EXACTLY 6 minutes for a runny yolk.
Leave the eggs in the water for EXACTLY 7 minutes for a creamy yolk.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of salt and buttered toast.