Vitamin E – The antioxidant.
Vitamin E is mainly known for its antioxidant properties, and its ability to protect the body’s tissues from free radicals that are believed to contribute to the ageing process. Vitamin E has also been used for many years in beauty products to protect the skin against ageing, inflammation and sun damage. Dry irritated skin can be a sign of Vitamin E deficiency. The best source of Vitamin E comes from nutrient-rich food, but vitamin supplements and topical products can also be beneficial.
Follow these tips to increase your levels of Vitamin E:
- Nuts such as almonds, peanuts and hazelnuts,
- Sunflower oil and seeds,
- Wheatgerm oil,
- Fish: Atlantic salmon, rainbow trout,
- Fruit and Veg: Spinach and broccoli, avocado, red sweet pepper, olives mango and kiwi fruit.
Vitamin E pure oil or Vitamin E lotion (such as dr. Organic).
- Vitamin E capsules – Adults 15mg
- Vitamin E oil – Holland & Barretts Pure Enough to Swallow